The major reasons for cleaning building façades:
1. Improve appearance
2. Decrease the deterioration process
3. Provide a clean appearance to accurately match mortar or patching materials
Common cleaning methods include water cleaning, chemicals, and abrasive blasting. All of these methods have their merits, but all methods must be performed with caution as not to damage the fabric of the façade.
Culbertson Restoration Ltd. has cleaned numerous façades over the years to the satisfaction of its owners, architects, and conservators using the appropriate method for the circumstances based on pre-construction testing.
- Trinity Church, Princeton, NJ
- 1820 Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA
- Devon Condominiums, Wilmington, DE
- Clarkson S. Fisher Courthouse, Trenton, NJ
- Linderman Library – Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- 1900 Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA
- Writer’s House – Rutgers University, Camden, NJ
- 150 S. 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA